CDMCS 5th Annual Leadership in Safety Awards NOMINATION GUIDLINES
CDMCS recognizes outstanding safety leadership in the dredging and marine construction industry by making four awards each year: one for a company, one for a private sector individual, one for a government individual, and one for USACE district and one for a dredge crew or team. (government or commercial)
The winners will receive special recognition and an award on September 28, 2023 in Washington, DC.
Criteria for selection may include evidence of the following:
- Reduction of accidents/incidents
- Demonstration of leadership in safety
- Identification, evaluation & control of hazards
- Development of safety-conscious policies & procedures
- Active promotion of safety in the workplace
- Innovation & enthusiasm in marketing safety
- Collaborative & proactive work towards improving safety
- Placing a high personal value on safety
- Mentoring of others in safety
- Ensuring effective integration of safety in planning processes
The Awards Committee will be appointed by the CDMCS Board of Directors.
All members of the CDMCS are invited to nominate a company & employee for the Safety Leadership Awards. Each nomination should include a completed nomination form.